We made it!!
Kirk and I have been awesome on food, not even craving bad stuffs yet. I'm waiting for the cravings to come, but for now enjoying the feeling of making good food decisions easily. It's been about a week and a half now and no big crashes. I'm letting myself have coffee and tea still, coffee with double cream and sugar and tea with milk and sugar. I have one coffee just about every day. We've been staying away from all sauces EXCEPT for last night. We have a big problem every time we try to make brown rice. I don't know if it's just us, but we can never make it work! After cooking and letting it steam itself with the lid on, there is always water left over with the rice and the rice isn't cooked all the way through. Last night we tried to make it again, and it was a bit better than the last time, but still not so good. We strained the rice from the left over water and added a tiny bit of curry sauce to be able to suffer through the rice. I still didn't like it! Any tips??
I went to the gym last night with full intentions to do chest and triceps and then a spinning class. I get to the gym at 6pm and the spinning class starts at 730. I had a great chest/tri workout and I looked at the clock.. half an hour till class. UGH I also thought that I would probably have a hard time holding myself up on the bike with my triceps dead already, yes... excuses! ;) So I hopped on the treadmill and went for a jog for 20 mins. GOOD ENOUGH!! not really... but hey, it's a start. I want to run outside, but am not die-hard enough to do it in the winter. lol
This weekend is going to be fun. Tomorrow up early to get to the gym. Early being probably at the gym for 9am, thats good for a Saturday! Then it's out to lunch for Kirk's gramma's birthday. The whole family should be out and it will be nice to spend the afternoon with them. It'll be fun trying to find something good on the Kelsey's menu. I don't think it'll be too hard, but I don't expect this meal will be as good as we've been. Then Sunday, after the gym in the morning, we are going to the 'National Home Show' to try to get some decorating inspiration for our new house. That day is going to be fun for eating as well. It's a trade show, so there's usually not very good food to eat at those. We'll have to see what's there. :)
Have a great weekend everyone!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment